Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Antes Quebrar Que Doblar


In the small of village called Avila, in the country called Spain, there is an old saying which many of the people upheld and that is "antes quebrar , que doblar." Its english translation means " to suffer rather than to yeild, to die rather than give up." Since I first heard of this saying I included it in my logo as the main tenet and battle cry of my school. It speaks clearly the very spirit of the Filipino warrior that dwells within every arnisadores. This is the very spirit that I wish to impart to every member of the Dagang Kidlat Martial Art Center. It is this very spirit which drives me in my journey to attain the very goal that my master, Sir Ronald Ramirez, and the late GM Ben Lema has attain; to become one with my art.

No comments: