Friday, October 24, 2008

Martial Principles of Master Ronald Ramirez




(Note: The following words written and posted here are some of the martial wisdom imparted to me by my teacher, Master Michael Ronald Ramirez. Unfortunately, most of these teachings have been used and abused by most members of the LSAI Clan. Furthermore, no one gave my master the credit that was due to him as the maker of these words. I am now here to set the record straight once and for all. My teacher always admonish me to always give credit to where it is due even to your enemies. Since no one is going to do I might as well do it myself. I also included in here some of the wisdom imparted by the late Grand Master Ben Lema himself.)

1. When you execute your strike and make it powerful; an unstoppable blow, you must draw your power from the ground let it flow from your body towards your "baston" (rattan stick). One can accomplish that by pressing your blow down and drop your body down.

2. The baston is the great equalizer.

3. Whenever you execute a strike one must always remember to straighten the arm and lock ones elbows.

4. Whenever you're engage in a fight one must bring the battle to the enemy.

5. Words are like stone. Once you throw it you cannot take it back. Once it hits the calm waters of the pond it will cause a ripple that disturbs the calmness.

6. (GM Ben Lema) Pagnagtapat ang baston natin malalaman ko kung mahina ka o malakas, kung saang direksyon ka pupunta o kung ika'y natatakot o hindi. Dahil dito, madali kitang matatalo.

- (English version) The moment our bastons made contact with each other I will know if you are weak or strong, in which direction you will go or if you're afraid or brave. It is because of this that I will have an easier time to defeat you.

7. When someone ask me how I became good in my art I will always tell them to go back to their basics.

8. (GM Ben Lema) Kapag buo ang iyong isip, buo ang loob at malakas ang iyong kumpyansa sa iyong dunong kahit sino pa ang iyong kalaban; kahit lima, sampu o isandaan sila, kahit kailan ikaw ay laging mananalo.

- (English version) When you're mind and heart is whole and you have unbreakable trust in your knowledge in combat no matter who your enemies are, or whether they are many, who will always come up victorious.

No comments: